We’re always on the lookout for new ways we can leverage our skills and expertise to have impact, particularly in lower- and middle-income countries.
Sometimes, a new project needs particular language skills – like French, Zulu, or Spanish – or familiarity with a particular place – like Ghana, Lesotho, or Morocco – or thematic expertise, such as gender equity, youth participation, or entrepreneurship. When we come across new projects like these, we’re excited by the impact we can have, and we want to devote the best talent to have the maximum impact.
That’s when we draw on our Talent Pool – a small, selective pool of skilled individuals from around the world with varied expertise, who are passionate about development and share our values and motivations. When new projects come up at short notice, we like knowing we have a reliable, skilled pool of talent we can draw on.
Recruitment into the Talent Pool is quick and easy. First, we get to know you through your answers in this form. Then, if you’re a good match for ODE, we’ll invite you to a short, informal chat. And then you’re into the Pool!
Joining the ODE Talent Pool is not an offer of employment:
1- When you join, you’re part of our database of talented consultants and analysts around the world.
2- When we have new projects, we search our Talent Pool for the best-suited people.
3- If you’re a good fit, we reach out to you with more details. If you’re available at the time, we hope you’ll join us!
Who we’re looking for
Typically, people recruited into the Talent Pool might have:
- A post-secondary qualification (Bachelor’s, Diploma) or 4 years work experience (including voluntary work)
- A background in development, through study or work, and a familiarity with the topical arguments in the development sphere
- An interest in education, evidenced through study or work, and a familiarity with the key arguments in the education field
- Advanced experience conducting research, such as through an advanced-university degree or equivalent research experience
- Experience developing and implementing a new project, either independently or as part of a team, which could be through university societies, extra-curricular activities, or previous work experience
- An excellent command of English. Additional languages are a plus.
- Experience working or living in a lower or middle-income country
- Ability to work effectively with a team
- A ‘do-it-yourself’ attitude, and the ability to take initiative and work independently
Do you have experiences different to those listed? We’d like to hear from you anyway! We’re always keen to get to know people with diverse backgrounds who have something to offer our projects. We particularly welcome applications from people in lower- and middle-income countries, as that’s primarily where our projects are based.
To submit your interest in the Talent Pool, please register your details here.
All applications to the ODE Talent Pool are kept on file for future opportunities to join the team. Your data is stored confidentially and is not shared with third-party organisations. You may request for ODE to delete your data at any point, or ask any further questions, by emailing email@example.com.
For other opportunities, see our Jobs page