|Location||Jordan & Palestinian Territories|
|Start date||May 2023|
|End date||April 2024|
German development bank KfW has established itself as a major funder of technical and vocational education and training (TVET) programmes and partnerships in low- and middle-income countries. In 2021, with a budget of EUR 4.9 billion, it dedicated nearly 60% of its new education funding contracts to TVET programmes.
Open Development & Education (OpenDevEd) has been contracted by KfW to provide conceptual / technical advice and analysis during the implementation and further elaboration of a portfolio of projects in the Middle East:
- “Quality Improvement for Basic Education II (Digitalisation)” in Jordan
- “Supporting TVET through digital transformation processes” in Jordan
- “UNRWA Digital Transformation in Health and Education” in the Palestinian Territory of Gaza
OpenDevEd are providing the following key activities in support of the programme portfolio:
- Creating terms of reference and programme activity designs for project feasibility studies
- Development of technical and conceptual programme appraisal concepts, in line with existing strategies and funding
- Conducting discussions with potential partners and stakeholders
- Reviewing and providing analysis of budget reprogramming and disbursement requests
- Reviewing and providing guidance on programme progress, providing support with key mission documents
Programme outputs will be published when made available on our Evidence Library.